Thursday 31 January 2013

Seascape Stole for FictionKNITsta's!

I signed up for FictionKNITsta's! which is a book tour of authors across Canada teamed up with a knitter.  Us knitters received the book written by the author, and we had to read it and get inspiration to knit something from it.

My author is Dora Dueck, and her book is What You Get at Home.  It's a series of short stories, and I really enjoyed it.  There is a theme of water and rivers throughout the stories, so I decided to knit "Seascape Stole".  Here's some pictures of it.

Before blocking
During blocking.
Off the blocking wires, and a picture of Dora's book.
So that scarf is finished.  I'm also hoping to complete another scarf/shawl for Dora so she has options of what to wear when she is at her book readings.  There's also a chance the tour comes to Calgary, so I'll be able to meet her in person and get her to sign the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews